- To make easy endorsement procedure for a new Online and Offline pairing system programs.
- Endorsement Certificates for new and old programs.
- Update for Terms and Definitions for the FIDE (Dutch) System.
- New updates for Pairing Glossary.
- Endorsements for Dubov and Burstein Systems for all swiss programs.
- New proposals for the amendment of current rules.
- Project of Team Pairing System for Olympiad.
- Ongoing Analysis of System Functioning.
- Cooperation with another FIDE Commission to establish consistent rules.
General responsibilities and work of the Commission
In this commission we are dealing with:
- Pairing systems (mainly Swiss but also others), that means creating, developing and checking sets of rules for pairings
- Verbal description of pairing rules to promote the understanding and the use of the rules even without computers. This point is important to avoid the image of a computer club
- Algorithms representing the rules. The algorithms are a fine feasibility check of the rules
- Help for programmers to produce effective programs including correct interpretation of the rules
- Checks and endorsement of submitted programs
From our point of view the advantages of endorsed programs are on both sides:
- The programmers get a better distribution of their programs by a successful endorsement.
- Programs are an important help to organize tournament with a large number of participants.
- We, the SPP Commission, need absolutely these programs to distribute (and to publish) our rules.
- Our rules would be meaningless if nobody would use them.